The Industry Institute Interaction Cell was established at Chouksey Group of Colleges, Bilaspur in 2016 under the Industry Institute Interaction Scheme of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India. Over the years, considerable progress has been made and the academic departments have been carrying out various activities envisaged under the III independently and with support from the III Cell, as deemed necessary.
The III Cell was established with the following major objectives:
- To evolve educational programmes which are consistent with the broad requirements of the industry and which can give rise to engineering personnel capable of coping-up with the accelerating pace of the technological development
- To create adequate facilities of updating knowledge of professional engineers and technologists to meet growth and developmental needs of the industry
- To coordinate the research and developmental activities of the two systems
The III Cell is located on ground floor in Administrative Block in the office of Training & Placement Department. The total floor space available is about 100 sq. m. which include a meeting room with seating capacity of about 20 persons. Facilitates such as photocopier, over head projector, TV and LCD are available with the Cell.
The Cell has been reconstituted recently in June 2016 incorporating faculty —in- Charge and one faculty member from each department.
The composition of the cell is as under :
Mr. Ashish Jaiswal, Managing Director – Chief Mentor
Dr. Palak Jaiswal, President Students Welfare Cell – Mentor
Dr. K.C Mahajan, Principal – Advisor, CEC
Dr. Dhiraj Ahirwar, Principal – Advisor, SOP, CEC
Prof. Vinod Singh Kharsan – I/C IIIC
Dr. Ritesh Jain, Pharmacy – Member
Dr. Sanjay Pandy, HOD, MBA – Member
Dr. Barun Yadav, HOD, Maths – Member
Prof. Arun Jain, HOD, Electronics Engg. – Member
Prof. Subhalakshmi Tiwari, HOD, Civil Engg. – Member
Prof. Rahul Gedam HOD, ET & T Engg. – Member
Prof. Akhilesh Sharma, HOD, Comp. Sc. & Engg. – Member
‘Prof. Dinesh Dubey and Prof. R. Prashad will be invited members in industry Institution Interaction Cell.
In light of the liberal economic and industrial policy recently adopted by the Govt. of India, the industrial scenario is fast changing. Industries re compelled to export a part of their production and complete with multinationals for the intemal market. The emphasis has shiﬂed to quality products and well trained manpower to produce such products. There has been a greater need for industries to depend on technical institutions for R&D and for supply of highly qualiﬁed and skilled manpower. Retraining of the work force has become major activity for all industries. There is, thus a good opportunity for institute to interact with industries for mutual beneﬁts.
The Industry-Institute Interaction would accrue mutual beneﬁts when a symbiotic relationship is developed between the two systems. The ultimate aim of this relationship will be the creation of conﬁdence in industry by the Institute which would result industries involving voluntarily the Institute at various stages of its development.
The development of such symbiotic relationship requires, ﬁrstly, careful understanding of the industry needs such as relevant R&D, cost ‘effectiveness, time bound programmes, technology upgradation etc. by the Institute and, in tum, understanding the capabilities and limitations of the institute by the Industry. Recognising the above, following thrust areas have been identiﬁed which require immediate attention :
- Reorientation of curriculum
- Exchange of Experts between the Institute and Industry
- Involvement of Teaching Staff in Industry
- Institute to gain Conﬁdence of Industry
- Institute as a Consultant in R&D
- Technological Database
- Continuing Education Programme
- Establishment of Linkages
- Institute’s Self-Reliance in Finances
A typical mode of interaction between Institute, industry and other organizations is presented in Figure is being followed to accomplish the desired goal of economic development of our country on sustainable basis.
In keeping with the above thrust areas, following action plan has been prepared by the Institute to fulﬁll the aims of Industry Institute Interaction into achievements:
- Preparing / updating of an information brochure / audio-visual giving salient features of the Institute including various programmes, R&D activities (completed / ongoing), expertise available along with equipment and testing facilities.
- Establishing / continuing liaison between faculty in the Institute, representatives from the Industries and representatives from organizations involved in the promotion of industrial development
in the region through organizing regular group meetings for mutual beneﬁts to both the systems i.e. industry and institute
- Identifying and preparing / updating a list of top executives and technologists from various industries / establishments in the region and working out a system of inviting them to address the faculty and students
- Preparing / updating a comprehensive directory of technology experts in different ﬁelds of expertise and know-how and forging continuing links with them through various means of involvement like talks, guest lectures, research collaboration, students project guidance, seminars etc.
- Reviewing post graduate and graduate curricula and reorient these to meet the needs of the industry by involving experts from industry in faming syallbi
- Providing the faculty training in industry.
- Organising refresher courses / training programmes for
- working professionals
- Membership drive for “Industrial Associateship Scheme" with the objective of providing various facilities at the institute such as library, testing, consultancy etc. at a concessional rate to the member industries/ organizations.
- Instituting “Annual Student Project Award”
- Organizing Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) every year for senior students.
Prof. Vinod Singh Kharsan,
Industry Institute Interaction Cell
Chouksey Group of Colleges,
Lal Khadan, Bilaspur. (C.G.)
Mob.: 09329470964, Phone : 07752-302109