The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian G overnment -sponsored public service program conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji's Centenary year in 1969. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community (esp. Villages) linkage.
ABOUT THE NSS
The broad objectives of the NSS are to : –
- Understand the community in which the students work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in the solution of problems.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for collective existence and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- practice national integration and social harmony.
Motto of NSS
THE MOTTO , “NOT ME BUT YOU”
This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other person’s point of view and also to show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society on the whole. Therefore it should be the aims of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day programmes.
NSS In CEC
CECians may feel proud to be the first private engineering college to have been
sanctioned NSS unit in 2005 in Bilaspur (C.G.) region. College has two seperate units for boys and girls with 100-100 alloted seats working under the guidence of NSS officer Dr. Barun kumar Yadav and Ms. Usha Jaiswal.In 2012-13 Dr. Barun Kumar Yadav awarded as Best NSS Officer by CSVTU, Member of advisory committe of NSS wing of CSVTU. For the year 2018-2019, Chouksey Engineering College has been awarded as best NSS unit of CSVTU.
Nearly 20 students of Chouksey Engineering College represented / articipated in the national level camp, more then 70 students participated in the state level camp and it is the only unit in Bilaspur conducting 7 days special camp every year.College has adopted two villages Navagaon and Indira Awas muhalla near Ratanpur and has been supporting the villagers and students for the overall development by awareness rally , donation of computers, blackboard, choupal made them knowing government scheme etc.