Pharmacy is the science and technique of clinical research, preparing, dispensing, and reviewing of drugs. It is a health profession which dealswith health and pharmaceutical sciences that aims to ensure the safety, efficacy, and affordable use of drugs.
The professional practice is becoming more clinically oriented and Pharmacists, are the experts on drug therapy who optimize the use of medication for benefit of the patients.
Pharmacist in pharmaceutical, clinical trial& in Life science industries domain:
- Research & development: Drug discovery, reverse engineering, formulation and process development, upscaling from pilot to manufacture, troubleshooting, stability, packaging development.
- Regulatory affairs: Preparing, reviewing, communicating, submitting registration documents on pharmaceuticals to regulatory agencies to get R & D, testing, production & marketing approvals, issues related to patents.
- Production & Manufacturing:Production/manufacture of bulk drugs & intermediates, finished medicines, vaccines & other biological products, veterinary medicines, Ayurveda medicines, diagnostic products.
- Quality Control: Product testing throughout the life cycle of the drug and finished product (from raw materials, packing material to finished goods / stability, etc.)
- QualityAssurance: Preparing, reviewing & submitting documents, conducting trainings, internal audits etc., hence assuring overall quality management
- Packaging: Various stages of packaging of pharmaceuticals.
- Sales& Marketing: Strategic planning, team management and marketing of pharmaceuticals. Working as a medical, representative.